Reference #: OG.LSS.09042018-1
Salary Range: Competitive
If you are experienced and talented in the field of Control and Automation, this is an excellent opportunity to join our expanding team. Servelec provides solutions for a range of control and automation solutions across the energy and infrastructure sectors, particularly in oil and gas and in power.
Our teams design, build, install and commission control and safety systems and support our clients’ systems for the long term through on-going development and maintenance.
In this position you would undertake a wide range of tasks related to the design, implementation and delivery of Process Control and Safety solutions, principally in the Oil & Gas industry. The role is principally office-based but you would be expected to spend time offshore from time to time as and when project requirements arose for surveys, installation and commissioning activities.
The key aspects of your role would be to:
• Work with clients to identify solutions appropriate to them.
• Capture customer requirements and produce appropriate levels of design specifications.
• Develop Test Strategies and produce Test Specifications.
• Configure control systems (SCADA and PLC).
• Investigate and resolve problems with control and safety systems.
• Give clear, effective presentations to customers on status of their work.
To succeed in this we expect you to have good analytical and problem-solving ability and be someone who is:
• readily able to capture information, analyse it, and articulate an appropriate solution;
• capable of communicating clearly both in written and interactive form;
• self-motivated and self-sufficient working away from the office;
• a person who interacts well with others in a manner that instils confidence;
• able to lead a small team, including mentoring others to help them grow in their roles;
• confident and calm under pressure, and not afraid to admit mistakes;
• disciplined to deliver technical requirements while achieving time and budget constraints;
• able to balance multiple pieces of work to ensure that all are progressed as expected.
As for your qualifications and experience, we are looking for a good selection of the following:
• degree/ HND in an engineering subject;
• proficient in Microsoft Office products;
• proficient in a range of PLC and SCADA products with good knowledge of both hardware and software;
• experienced with panel design, including electrical aspects; ability to use AutoCAD desirable;
• proficient in functional safety and familiar with IEC 61508;
• good knowledge and understanding of upstream oil and gas;
• medically fit and certified to work offshore UKCS.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role with a well-respected UK company where you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you would like to share in our ongoing success, apply with your CV for immediate consideration.
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.