Reference #: TE.SSSE.16102017-1
Salary Range: Up to £35,000
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our busy Support team based in Sheffield.
What will you be doing?
You will be working as a software engineer as part of the Customer Support team, and will be responsible for providing software fixes, modifications and other solutions to our suite of software products which are used to monitor and control key parts of the National Infrastructure. This suite has two main product areas :
• A back end consisting of C/C++ applications with many assorted custom communications links written in C
and we are particularly looking for engineers who will able to focus primarily on the C/C++/Communications issues that arise. Secondary responsibilities will cover Java issues where required.
You will work closely with the existing Support engineers as well as our team of Developers, and you must be able to take responsibility for organising your own tasks to ensure delivery of solutions to our customer’s problems. You can expect to work on a range of customers systems in various industries and visit our customers sites when necessary.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
As our software is used in National Infrastructure, we will organise any relevant security clearance for the successful applicant.
Key skills and Experience:
• C/C++ coding and debugging
• Java coding and debugging
• Knowledge of one or more variants of the Linux operating system and scripting languages
• Debugging tools such as gdb, MAT, jdwp etc.
• An understanding of communications protocols e.g. TCPIP
Some knowledge and experience of the following would be beneficial :
• IDEs such as Eclipse or Intellij
• Source control such as SVN and/or GIT
• Knowledge of database relational concepts eg. SQL etc.
• Knowledge of NOSQL database concepts eg. REDIS
• Angular / Angular2 Web Framework
Our benefits include a competitive salary, company bonus scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, an attractive pension, life cover, employee referral bonuses, employee share save scheme, childcare vouchers and more.
At Servelec, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Servelec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.