The Board of Servelec is delighted to announce recent contract wins for Servelec Controls, part of the Automation division.
Oil & Gas
Against the backdrop of a challenging oil and gas market, impacted by the fall in the dollar price of oil, we are very pleased to announce that Servelec Controls have been selected by one of the UK's largest energy companies to replace and upgrade a Fire & Gas Detection and Emergency Shutdown System on an off-shore platform. The contract, worth approximately £1m, has a planned project timeline of 18 months.
Power & Nuclear
The Power & Nuclear team has won contracts with three clients totalling approximately £1.8m.
These include a 12 month contract worth £1m for the detailed design, implementation and testing of a PLC and SCADA based Control System for the Silos Maintenance Facility which will support waste retrieval from silos at a major decommissioning site. The system provided by Servelec Controls will play a major part in decommissioning these facilities.
Contracts with the further two clients are for design and implementation of SCADA based Control Systems for the monitoring of Liquid Activity Reduction (LAR) at a major decommissioning site and two contracts with the National Grid covering fixed term project work and support. Implementation contracts will be delivered by mid-2016 with the support contract running for one year.
Alan Stubbs, CEO of Servelec Group, commented:
"I am delighted that the investment we made earlier in the year, to increase focus on the individual power and nuclear and oil and gas markets, is enabling us to capitalise on a long anticipated win in the oil and gas market and increased post-election confidence in the power and nuclear market. The contracts have been awarded in a very competitive environment and reflect the strength of Servelec Controls' track record and customer relationships.
This increased activity is in line with our expectations and provides confidence for the second half of the year."
For further enquiries, please contact:
Servelec Group plc on +44 (0) 1246 437 400
- Alan Stubbs, Chief Executive Officer
- Mike Cane, Chief Financial Officer
- Holly Smart, Investor Relations Manager
Investec Bank plc on +44 (0) 207 597 5097
- Andrew Pinder
- Dominic Emery
- Patrick Robb
- Sebastian Lawrence
Tulchan Group on +44 (0) 20 7353 4200
- James Macey White
- Louise Högberg
Notes to Editors
Servelec Group plc is a UK-based technology group, with significant intellectual property, providing software, hardware and services predominantly to the UK healthcare, oil & gas, nuclear, power, water, utilities and broadcast sectors.
Servelec has two operating segments; Servelec Health & Social Care and Servelec Automation:
- Servelec Health & Social Care specialises in the design, development and implementation of Electronic Patient Record (EPR), Patient Administration Systems (PAS) and Patient Flow within secondary care settings and Case Management (CM) software within Adults and Childrens social care settings. Servelec is a market leader in the mental health, community health and social care sectors in England.
- Servelec Automation provides complex, mission-critical control systems to large blue-chip companies mainly in the UK, focusing on the oil & gas, nuclear, power, water, utilities and broadcast industries. Servelec Automation also provides services from consultancy through to design, implementation, delivery, installation and on-going customer support and maintenance.
RNS Number : 2944S
Servelec Group plc
07 July 2015