The Board of Servelec Group plc is pleased to announce two new contract wins and information regarding the successful pilot of Business Optimisation software for its Technologies business.
Servelec Technologies has been awarded a major four-year Framework Contract with InfraBel, the Belgium railway company, worth an estimated €2.3 million over four years. The company has been working with InfraBel for over 10 years, supplying a fully integrated diagnosis system which is built using Servelec's Remote Telemetry Units (RTUs) and used to monitor the status of signalling equipment on the Belgian railway network. This new additional contract is for a second model of equipment which will be used for the monitoring of signalling power and level crossings.
Another noteworthy contract win is with Irish Water for analysis to assess investment requirements across their water network. The project will utilise Servelec's PIONEER product and will be delivered before the end of 2015.
The Board is also delighted to announce that Wessex Water has confirmed that a pilot project has produced significant cost savings for the water company. MISER, one of Servelec's Business Optimisation products, has been monitoring and optimising performance across an area of Wessex Water's network for a year, leading to an estimated 10% savings in electricity and dosing chemical costs at three key sites. Further cost savings were also achieved through a reduction in emergency callouts due to early warnings generated by the MISER system.
Alan Stubbs, Chief Executive of Servelec Group plc, commented:
"We are delighted with this progress with both new and existing customers. The new contract with InfraBel broadens our relationship with this important customer over the next four years and confirms the benefit already delivered by Servelec's RTU offering. The contract with Irish Water is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate our extensive expertise and market leading Business Optimisation products outside the UK, where the result of the pilot with Wessex Water demonstrates the true value of our solutions, positioning us very well for success as programmes of work related to AMP6 come to market."
For further enquiries, please contact:
Servelec Group plc on +44 (0) 1246 437 400
- Alan Stubbs, Chief Executive Officer
- Mike Cane, Chief Financial Officer
- Holly Smart, Investor Relations Manager
Investec Bank plc on +44 (0) 207 597 5097
- Andrew Pinder
- Dominic Emery
- Patrick Robb
- Sebastian Lawrence
Tulchan Group on +44 (0) 20 7353 4200
- James Macey White
- Louise Högberg
Notes to Editors
Servelec Group plc is a UK-based technology group, with significant intellectual property, providing software, hardware and services predominantly to the UK healthcare, oil & gas, nuclear, power, water, utilities and broadcast sectors.
Servelec has two operating segments; Servelec Health & Social Care and Servelec Automation:
- Servelec Health & Social Care specialises in the design, development and implementation of Electronic Patient Record (EPR), Patient Administration Systems (PAS) and Patient Flow within secondary care settings and Case Management (CM) software within Adults and Childrens social care settings. Servelec is a market leader in the mental health, community health and social care sectors in England.
- Servelec Automation provides complex, mission-critical control systems to large blue-chip companies mainly in the UK, focusing on the oil & gas, nuclear, power, water, utilities and broadcast industries. Servelec Automation also provides services from consultancy through to design, implementation, delivery, installation and on-going customer support and maintenance.
RNS Number : 5487S
Servelec Group plc
09 July 2015